Entry Level Mechanical Engineer
- BSME from Michigan State 3.27 GPA
- Works for family business doing restorations to Mustangs, everything from minor repair to full restorations. Strong knowledge of automotive components.
- MATLAB, Labview, AutoCAD experience in education
- Looking for an entry level opportunity to put education and experience to use
- Motivated and hands on
- 4+ years of Catia V5 design
- Extensive packaging experience including tolerance stacks and strong GD&T skills
- Processes: castings, forgings, stampings, CNC, extrusions and injected plastic
- Experience working with suppliers/customer on feasibility, cost and reviews
- Environmental testing of both electronic and mechanical components.
- Calibration of testing equipment. I.E. Strain Gauges, Pressure Transducers, Load Cell.
- Collect, analyze and report data to our team via Data Collection Status Reports.
- Launch support of vehicles containing our safety systems (plant support).
- Work closely with our suppliers in the Design Verification & Product Validation of Occupant Classification System.
- Research and development of new technologies, defining their function, specifications and future test plans.
- Environmental, Vibration, and Physical Testing of components.
- Trouble shooting and repair of both manual and automated production lines by use of blueprints and schematics.
- Twelve years’ experience as CMM programmer
- Experienced with stamping, welding, and sheet metal
- Brown & Sharp Certification
- Responsible for programming and operating Faro Arm, Brown and Sharp, Beta, and Taurus CMMs with PC-DMIS software
- Training in the fundamentals of GD&T (Effective Training Certification)
- Handle gage calibration per ISO standards
Senior Product Development Engineer SDRCIdeas – Interior Trim
- Responsible for the ‘11MY VW411 New Model Sedan interior trim (soft and hard), ‘12MY Nissan Armada/Frontier and the following production and mid-year refresh. ‘10MY Nissan Mexico Car platforms; Altima, Maxima, Sentra, Versa trim components. Working knowledge of the Nissan G2B/Team Center Passion system, Data Notes, NDS/NES testing requirements.
- Development of fit and finish sections and joint checks with manufacturing and
- suppliers. Interaction with VW GoB, Nissan Motors, Nissan Mexicana, M-TEK Manufacturing and various tier 2 suppliers
- Investigate program warranty concerns and propose corrective actions
- Create, propose and negotiating design specifications, changes, costs and timing
- Investigation of new suppliers, technology and products. Benchmark competitive products,
- vehicle tear down activities for VA/VE opportunities. Preparation of DVP&R, APQP and DFMEA documents
- Understanding of testing specifications and methods for VW, Nissan and Japanese Industry Standards
- B. S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Over Twenty years of diversified background in quality control
- Certificate of Internal Auditor ISO/TS16949:2002
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- ISO9001:2000, TS16949, Internal Quality System Auditing
- FMEA ,DFMEA , PFMEA, DVP&R and GD&T